- Abbreviation: Sh
- Shaviyani administrative atoll consists of the third of four portions of historic Thiladhunmathi, an unusually elongated natural atoll (most atolls are vaguely ring-shaped). The third and fourth portions are also known as Miladhunmadulu; thus Shaviyani is also known as North Miladhunmadulu.
- Total population (2006 census): 11,940
- Capital: Funadhoo — population 1,523
- Total number of islands: 51
- Total inhabited islands: 14
- Largest island: Milandhoo (125.5 hectares/ 310.1 acres), population 1,333
- Facts about Shaviyani and its islands:
Lhaimagu served as the atoll capital until January 1968.
In August 2006 the residents of Maakandoodhoo, now uninhabited, completed the process of relocation to Milandhoo, a formerly uninhabited island, following the Indian Ocean tsunami of 26 December 2004.
Shaviyani hosts nine designated Historical Sites, including a mosque on Kanditheemu that is inscribed with the oldest known example of Thaana script, indicating the roof was built in 1588.